Why isn't there a special name for the tops of your feet? Lily Tomlin


Monday, February 7, 2011

Crappy Movie Tops Box Office


What is the world coming to? The craptastic and lackluster film The Roommate has topped the box office this week. Um, pardon me? Yes, yes I understand that the idea is "quite" original: insane pretty girl wants the life of the sane pretty protagonist. I've only seen this scenario a few dozen times:
1) Single White Female
2) Fatal Attraction
3) Obsessed
4) Swim Fan

More after the jump...



 How the hell does recycled junk like this get funding? I suppose some fat, out-of-touch producer was lying by his giant pool sunning himself to a nice lobster-y red, when he happened upon the brilliant script for "The Roommate." After reading half-way through it, falling asleep, and then using it as lining for his cat's litter box he must have thought to himself: "You know what, I'd sure like a bigger pool. Who cares if I'm slowly killing cinema. Money, money, money."



For the love of Meryl Streep, stop lining these guys' pockets and instead force them to take risks on good scripts!

I swear, if "Big Momma: Like Father, Like Son" is even in the top 3, I am going to lose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make it count, troll.