Why isn't there a special name for the tops of your feet? Lily Tomlin


Saturday, April 2, 2011

Jaz Is Finally Old Enough To See A Scream Sequel In Theaters!

Folks it is finally happening! Scream 4 will be in theaters in 12 days and I am old enough to see it in theaters without the accompaniment of a parent or guardian. This is a first for me involving the Scream franchise so please excuse my excitement.


Read my intelligent prose about Scream after the jump...




Why Scream is an exceptional film {ahem}:

Scream revolutionized the horror genre and introduced mainstream audiences to what we call Post Modernism. Scream is unpretentiously self-aware. Its sole purpose isn't just to scare audiences but rather to deconstruct the slasher genre as we know it. It is an educational video where the viewers use the lessons Scream has taught to figure out who the killer is before time runs out. We are literally put into the shoes of the protagonists.

I still can't see Drew with a phone. Too soon.


The original Scream came out in 1996 when scrunchies were big and flip cell phones just came out. The most recent, Scream 3 was released in 2000. I am eager for writer Kevin Williamson's translation of the cultural boom of the past 11 years. How will he incorporate the changes of identity and privacy that comes with the internet age? I'm sure the rules of the game have changed. I'm ready to learn!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make it count, troll.